Monday, January 18, 2010

Lydia Lydia How Come You Understand?

Okay, so as I promised here is another post to update, since I haven't written in a month.
But first-- an explanation for the title of this post: well my blog titles are always really boring, so I decided to try a little harder, except I didn't try very hard, I only had the song "Lydia" by Dean Friedman in my head, which, if you are unaware, is the song I am named after (Dean Friedman has a very high, nasal-ly type voice, as well) and so I borrowed from that song.
Moving right along,
Well it is the middle of January already! The first month of the year always goes so fast.
We had a lovely time in Bodrum (was it really so long ago that I wrote?!) and I stayed with a nice couple of orthodonists as my host family for the night. They invited me back in warmed weather (Bodrum is pretty quiet in the winter!) and I hope I can take them up on that offer.
Christmas and New Years were quite nice, you can read the post below this one for more details about my December holidays.
Two things coming up to look forward to this month: semester break, and Istanbul trip!
This is the last week of school before we break up for semester holiday (I'm looking forward to some sleeping in, of course) for two weeks, and there is a Rotary trip to Istanbul from the 26th until the 31st this month that I am very excited for! We will be hitting a lot of the main sites in Istanbul then.
Life continues to be very normal here. The weather is nice, but a little chilly (50s) and cloudy today. They say it will be very cold during semester holiday, although being from Wisconsin I'm not sure how seriously I should take that threat. I could use some snow, though. :)
The time has really just flown here... In a few days I wıll be exactly halfway through my exchange!
So that's a brief update... I don't know what else to say! I guess I will just finish this now and I will write more (hopefully) soon and try and be better at blogging...
I really miss everyone from home! It's so hard to be away sometimes. But I know I don't have too much longer here, so I will enjoy the time I do have.
Until then, I send my best to everyone, and thanks for reading ((what little I have to offer you here!))
Happy January
XOXOXO
Lydia

1 comment:

  1. Wowee, Sugar! You sure made up for lost time in the blog department! Beautifully written--keep it coming!

    ReplyDelete