Wednesday, February 17, 2010

-A Creative Title-

Merhaba again everybody,
Look at me, blogging multiple times in one month!
I am here at school; my class is taking a 3 period exam so I decided it would be a good time for me to burn the photos from my trip to CDs, and figured I would try to post some photos (not ripped from my friends' Facebook pages!) from Istanbul. I think I got a picture up of every big attraction we saw.
As you may or may not know, I switched host families last Saturday, not because I had problems with the last one, but just to experience Turkish life from a new perspective. My new family is great! I have a host mom and dad, and two host sisters ages 16 & 10 who are really nice. It was so hard for me to leave my last host family, though, since I had gotten so used to living with them in the past five months. Fortunately I only moved to an apartment building four or five blocks away, so I will still be able to see them frequently. (Actually, I bumped into my host parents jogging last night!)
The next Rotary trip on the horizon is one to Bursa, a city about 5 hours north of here, in March. My exchange friend Savannah lives there, and we all look forward to visiting her! Bursa is well-known for it's mountain, Uludağ, which is well-known for skiing. I hope we will get to do some of that while we're there, but who knows what the weather will be like.
Well, I will keep this post short and write again soon, and hopefully put up some more photos.
Until I write again, take care!
XOXOXO
Lydia

1 comment:

  1. Way to go, Lydia! Happy you were able to get some of your own photos up, too! It's great to see you in them! Keep 'em comin'...Talk to you soon! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete