Thursday, April 22, 2010

Floating On

Hey everybody, here's the plan for the next few weeks!
Today is the last day of school before tomorrow's holiday, 23 Nisan, National Children's and Sovereignty Day. As I write to you I hear the sounds of our school march playing while the elementary kids disembark to go on a parade. I look forward to the upcoming three day weekend of sleeping in and enjoying the nice weather with my host family, and my host family's family who are visiting from İstanbul.
Next week is unfortunately a full week of school, but I intend to make the most of the afternoons... I am looking forward to Tuesday in particular, some of the other exchangers and I are going to try to go to the clothing bazaar which is supposed to have tons of good stuff for really cheap!
The week after next we leave for our Black Sea trip on Wednesday! The nine of us going are veryyy excited. Exchangers, hotels, airplanes, some fresh air... İt should be great!
The following week we will be having our district conference in Kuşadası, May 16th through the 19th, Sunday-Wednesday, which will be great because again it will mean exchangers, hotels, and missing school! As I understand the 19th and 20th of May are also public holidays here, and since the 21st is a Friday no one will go to school that day, meaning I can have that whole week off. İf you can't tell... I'm about done with school here! İt's really boring, and so long, and the weather is so nice... I just want to be outside all the time!
So that's what's coming up on my agenda, I'm awfully excited for everything. Everybody was right, the last part of your exchange is the best and passes the fastest!
İ'd better run now, but I will keep you posted! I wish you well. :)
Lydia

No comments:

Post a Comment