Monday, April 26, 2010

Casper

Hi again everybody.
Since I have a minute (or a lot of minutes, I'm at school you know) I thought I would write again.
The holiday weekend was a good one, it passed too quickly. I took an interesting daytrip on Satuday with my host family to a city called Ödemiş, we had lunch there and continued on to the historical town of Birgi, which is one of the best preserved villages in this area of Turkey. It has a lot of old houses, the most interesting we visited was the Çakırağa Mansion, built in the 18th century in a different architechtural style than I've seen. The house's rooms are all open-air save for the bedrooms, and there are also very elaborate paintings covering all the interior walls. Next we visited an old mosque in this city, and from there we continued to Gölçük, a little lake up in the mountains/hills where we took a walk and hung out.

(The Mansion)

After school today we exchange students have our first (brace yourself) folk-dancing class to learn the dance we'll be preforming for our district conference. We are actually pretty excited for this. İt's not a Rotary conference if there's not some sort of group dance/ song. And speaking of the conference, it won't the 16th-19th as I previously wrote, it will be the 14th-16th May.

So that's all! I'll write again. Take care.

Lydia

No comments:

Post a Comment